Monday, July 30, 2012

PM grinds

After some posts on the dragon door forum and redefining my priorities I've decided to halt my progress on the ROP grinds. I was finding it was too much volume and interfering with my recovery. I wasn't doing well in either grinds or ballistics. So I am going to focus on VERY low rep grinds while I'm concentrating on the high rep ballistics. But to get benefit out of the grinds they are going to have to be heavy. When i attempted the full TGU with the 24kg and I got it with confidence, I selected that as my primary get up bell. And I'm feeling strong

Warm up:
TGU 16 kg 1L/1R X1
TGU 24 kg 1L/1R X1 (felt strong!)
       rest 5 min

Work:
5 min of Continuous TGU singles 24kg 4L/4R.
       rest 5 min
2X5 (2 sets/5 reps) MP 20kg
       resting 5 min in between sets.

I feel great and not drained at all.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment