Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Day 3: swing snatch combo

Day 3:
So today I decided I was going to work on my snatches in combination with swings from my ballistics day. I'll tell you there is no one more knowledgeable than the Queen of swing herself Tracy Reifkind on high rep ballistics. Her book "The Swing" and her blogs http://tracyrif.blogspot.com/ and http://tracysfoodandthought.blogspot.com/ have more information and advise than you can possibly believe. Her workouts are amazing! So I decided to go all the way to one of her earliest blog post and attempt them. OMG so humbling. It was amazing. I did half her workout and I'm dripping with sweat and im at my limit.
So this is what i did:
Warm up:
1 TGU each side kalos sthenos style. High hips.
 40 2 hand swings x 3 sets = 1 min. on 1 min. off
10 L, 10 R, 10 L, 10 R, 1 hand swings (40 reps total) x 2 sets = 1 min. on 1 min. off
Total warm up 10 min.
And ill tell you her warm up is a workout in itself!

Work:
12 swing, snatch, transfer x 3 sets = 2 min. on 1 min. off
(Left swing, snatch, transfer to right, right swing, snatch, transfer to left = 1)
Total 9 min.

8 swing, snatch L trans, 8 swing, snatch R x 4 sets = 1 min. on 1 min. off
Total 8 min.
At this point I'm at my limit. I'm not used to doing such long sets so at the end I was feeling some tightness in my lower back and my technique was starting to fail. so i stopped. After some stretching I felt great. I'm just going to have to build up my endurance and work a little on my technique so i use more hip hinge.

No comments:

Post a Comment