Monday, July 16, 2012

Day 2. Grinds

So today I focused on what are known as "Grinds". Thats the "slow strength" that you use to grind out a rep. I focused on maximal tension and a little bit longer rest periods up to 2 min in between ladders. I am doing Clean and Press (C&P) ladders as per Pavel's 'Enter the Kettlebell'. You need to get this book. It will change your life.
So i did a little TGUs for worm ups and then C&P ladders. You know even with longer rest periods my shoulders feel jacked after some strength work.
so here is goes.

Warm up:
1 each side TGU 16KG
1 each side TGU 20KG
1 each side partial TGU 24Kg (to sitting)

Work:
C&P 5X 1,2,3
That is 1 rep left, set the bell down, 1 rep right, set the bell down, 2 rep left, set bell down, 2 rep right, set bell down, ect.. all the way to finishing 5 ladders. And in between ladders i rested about 1.5min-2min. I might need to rest more, because I feel I'm getting to much of a pump in my shoulders. I don't want anymore size. I'm looking to lose weight here.

All in all I fell good. Tomorrow is a rest day.

No comments:

Post a Comment