Sunday, September 2, 2012

strength cycle and a new direction

Lately Ive been feeling like I needed a new direction and something to shock my body. Ive Stalled out on my weight loss/Fat loss progress. I was becoming too efficient at the kettlebell swing. at lest with the weight i was using. So I decided to get stronger. Im getting stronger to use a heavier weight for my swings. So because i was using the program minimum, I decided to go on to the ROP as detailed in Enter the Kettlebell. However I needed to build up my volume with the heavier bell with my swings as well. I recently also bought "I will be Iron" by Bud Jefferies. In it Dave Whitley Master RCK, details a way he built up volume with the swing after an injury. So instead of using the 2-12 randomly method, I'm building up gradually. I also want to minimize mass gains so I'm taking longer breaks between the C&P. so here was today

ROP Heavy Day

C&P 24kg 1,2,3 + pull-ups 1,2 X3
So it went like this.
C&P 1,2 + 1 Pull up, rest 5min, C&P 3 + 2 Pull ups, rest 5min, and repeat two more times.

Swings
24 kg 20 min 400 reps.
20 reps at the top of the min. (30 on/30 off)

No comments:

Post a Comment